Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A diaper sewing adventure

I have been really busy lately. My aunt gave me a serger she no longer uses, so, I have been a sewing machine lately. I descided to start making some wool and fleece diaper covers for the new baby. They are super easy to make and take very little time. I started with some old sweaters I had laying around and re-purposed them into diaper covers and longies. (BTW, I used Katrina's Pattern)
I am going to stop by Goodwill later this week and see if I can score some more wool on the cheap!

Then, I moved on to the fleece. I had some Elmo fleece left over from other project, but I also went to Joann's and bought some. It was so hard to pick out gender neutral petterns. They had some REALLY cute girley fleece, which I think I will go back and pick up...if we end up with another boy I will sell the unused soakers. They all turned out really cute though (and only cost $9 total). I made newborn and small soakers and longies...


I still have more to make, but I couldn't pass up a chance to make a skirtie. It was truly irresistible. I mean just look at it. But, that started a whole new trend...uh oh!



I just might have to make a few more of those...if I ever make it back up to the fabric store..wink wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment